Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday's Missives



  • I hate using the library computers for this- too many stinky peoples. The guy next to me smells like butt, feet, sweat, cigarettes, moth balls and rotten teef- disgustipating. Can't decide whether to go with an air card or home land line service though and really don't want to be wasting money.

  • I very rarely use the word hate. As a matter of fact there are relatively very few people who can say they've heard me verbally use it.

  • Lunch and breakfast: two handfuls of dried pineapples, same of dried dates and honey roasted peanuts washed down with two glasses of skim milk. Let me just say dinner will be more substantial. My midnight snack will be the same as always though- protein shake and creatine in OJ. Workouts are going great. Although I'm no where where I want to be I'm coming out of shirts I bought only a month ago.

  • Recently found out a good old friend and his wife were nudists at one time- blew me smooth away. I mean literally- I nearly fell over when he told me.

  • My beautiful skin is not so awesome today. I changed soaps and since I was on the phone after bathing did not towel off well so I must have left some soap on me- I look like a leper. Contact dermatitis is the devil and diphenhydramine and Aveeno hydrocortisone ointment both some kind of avenging angels.

  • I sort of knew hospice nursing was going to bring me someone special in my life however- the lesson was it would be many.

  • If there's a good death my last patient died it. He just kind of slipped off with his family surrounding him saying Hail Mary's, The Lord's Prayer and telling him they loved and would miss him.

2 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

Quick question about the air card vs land line issue. Do you, or are you using an Iphone. If so, you can get internet tethering cheaper with your Iphone than an air card. If not, don't know what service you are using, but if your limited to Embarq for the land line, make sure and just get a dedicated internet line if you are not going to be using the house phone. I just solved both those issues myself and saved 100 bucks a month between the two of them. I hope this helps and keep up the great reading material.

el chupacabra said...

Very cool info.- I do want an IPhone, but don't have one yet. Thanks.