Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wednesday's Digressions

Somebody asked about the airplane above a restaurant from back in the day. This may be a re-post but here is one of a few old ones I know of. It is on Montgomery in Fort Worth.





  • Something I had never considered until recently when prompted by something I read and could not tell you exactly why it is true but I know it is- if you want to understand the term," production values" watch Desparado and then El Mariachi (or vice versa I suppose)
  • The Barbecue and music at Hard Eight BBQ were great last night (10/25/2014). The calendar had Terri Bruce as the artist- I cannot confirm or deny. If it is her I'll watch for her.
  • As long as it is fresh I always like the last of an urn of tea rather than the top part.
    Primitive savages. One thing that always stands out when I see terrible people doing terrible things like this- how do enough people not think this could be me to make things like this not happen?  Let he who is without sin, be the first to pick up a piece of cable to whip another human being with I always say. Anyway, homes- you're next, bet on it friend.
  • I cannot state why but I have been won over by Lana Del Ray. Honestly- I don't know why, I just love her music and think it subtly great.
  • Motley Crue for back in the day must have been very well produced and engineered. Their music still sounds really clean.
  • Oddly, I have never been to the Abilene TX Zoo in spite of the fact of living so close for a year I did most of my shopping there and having family in the area all my life.

  • Some of the Zoo York graphic tees are really cool and like a lot of big name stuff are very well made but man, they could leave off the dumb Zoo York name.
  • An old friend had a dog named Wolfie whom the legend told was found by deer hunters as a wolf pup with others in a den near Sonora with it's dead mother nearby. The hunters split them up and took them home to raise. By the time I saw him he was old and moth eaten. He would lie by the fire and sleep for hours and be stiff when he awoke. He would hobble over to you for a back rub and ear scratch. When you finished he would lick your hand once and stagger away. I never believed he was a wolf until years later I saw a pic of a red wolf and read about their historic range. The picture I saw looked exactly like Wolfie- not a fair representation of the species. I am sorry I doubted you Wolf  (pronounced Woof in the vernacular of my white trash Texas species) and I still miss you.
  • 3 comments:

    Mike M. said...

    Did you take the photo of the plane recently?

    I know exactly where that is/was, but I swear the last time I drove past I didn't see it. I thought it was sad that it was gone. Hopefully I just missed it with some distracted driving.

    Mike

    el chupacabra said...

    Hey Mike how's it going? You know, that picture was taken years ago. It may have been as long as 8 years ago? I will say the post itself was drafted a few years old but I don't know for sure.

    Mike M. said...

    Now I'm curious enough to actually drive by there and see for myself if it's still there.