Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday's Missives

I have no idea where this picture came from. It was just in my gallery. I know I've never seen it before.

  • Im tempted to say, The South Korean, Japanese,  American and all other non crazy governments need to work together to ensure the next time the North Koreans test a missile over another nations sovereign territory- that missile is shot down. Then once the missile is shot down we don't brag about it- we don't even say a word Best Korea would know what happened. What do we do if we miss? We hint that we shot it down and leave it at that.
  • I know- big problems with that kind of thinking but it feels good to think that way and oddly it even feels right from a military standpoint and sounds correct ( although the intel Best Korea would gather from our inevitable miss of trying to take a missile down might be a bigger deal to them and our other potential enemies).
  • First Payday bar I ate in my life. Verdict: super good. Sweet and salty and chewy and crunchy- what's not to like?
  • That is one lame contest.
  • I have about 4 days worth of beard now, have not been sleeping well and I am incredibly stressed out- consequently I look easily 10 years older than my biological age.
    Not a terrible product but some of them always have a slightly stale edge to them. An old friends family used to make fried pork skins  themselves. They were legendary and supposedly delicious but I always missed having any.
  • Today two of my patients burst into tears as soon as they entered my office.
  • Well, to be completely truthful- one of them was already crying when she walked in.
  • Holy smokes, I just finished the voice to text bullet point before last by saying, over!
  • The bacon on my loaded baked potato from Flames Seafood this evening was great. Easily some of the best I've ever had in my life. Not top five but definitely top 10.
  • One of those stories that are somebody else's but it is just so cool- it makes you wish it were your own: a friend saw Willie Dixon at a blues festival in California. He took his program up to Willie and ask him to sign it. Somebody in the line hollered out, Make it out to Rocco! So Willie wrote something like, "To Rocco- Best Wishes!" or whatever. My friend's name is not Rocco and as a bonus-he had no idea who the guy was in the crowd that hollered that out. It was just some random guy. Willie died just a few years later.
  • Never forget the great gasoline crisis of 2017. I had to buy premium at slightly elevated prices. The horror. The horror. #covfefe

No comments: