Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday's Missives

Image result for hit and run meme
  • Yesterday we witnessed a hit and run in the parking lot of the Little League fields. The goober backed into a parked car. He parked in another spot then came back with a piece of paper in his hand and looked around like he was looking for somebody. He then walked off and came back again. Then he walked off and did not come back.  He was not looking for the owner of the car- he was looking to try and get a feel if there were witnesses and daring himself to leave the scene. I was not going to confront him over it- it was not my car and we already had his plate number but I watched him out of the corner of my eye hole just to see how he handled the situation. You could see the gears turning in his head...
  • Homes, there were hundreds of potential and 5 actual witnesses that I know of- I mean come on man! It would suck to man up to a stupid mistake like that but don't make things harder than they have to be for everybody involved.
  • As my dearly departed sainted granny would say, Sometimes in this life you just have to take your lumps with your gravy.
  • Although I am not sure exactly what she meant by that adage; I think it applies in that situation.
  • The more I watch LL play the more convinced I am that it is very hard to overcome the inertia created by a strong pitcher and catcher on the opposing team.
  • Zac still likes playing in the McDonald's playground. It makes me wonder if he will figure it out when he gets there or if I will have to tell him when he is too big. For that matter: if in my mind that time comes- should I tell him? 
  • There is a maybe 12 year girl sitting near us wearing makeup. Not in this lifetime if she were my daughter. She might as well start picking stripper names.
  • Update to the hit and run story: I could not reach my legal team this weekend as I assume they were doing what all high powered lawyers do on the weekend- getting their toes sucked on their yachts by super models but I did hear back from the chief of our law enforcement division. He had this to say: If the damage to vehicles was less than 200.00 it is a ticket. If the damage is more than 200.00 it is a county jail offense.

2 comments:

Mike M. said...

Your law enforcement chief sounds like a pretty sharp guy! 😀

el chupacabra said...

Ha. Yeah- top shelf kinda guy. We go waaaaay back.