Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts


  • At work a bit between myself and our old doctor was when he was asked a question by a nurse he would reply to the effect, Well, allow me to confer with my colleague... and turning to me he would say, Doctor Kevin- what would you do in a case this? I would make my reply resulting in him rapping his knuckles on his desk and telling whoever asked the question, I concur with my colleague. Make it so...
  • A weird loosely connected thought- another physician and I were bustin' each others bawlz one day between patients. A female nurse whom he does not get along with and who also doesn't really get how the world works approached me later and said something like, I saw the way he was talking to you. I get it. I have trouble dealing with him too. It is hard sometimes... It took me a minute to process what she even meant. She just did not get it.
  • A Perfect Circle's cover of Imagine is terrible.
  • My ex GF sent me an email this morning (02/28/2017) asking if it was me she saw as I drove by her place on the way to work. It was  nice to hear from her. That is until a program at Pro Flowers and Kendra Scott took note of our interaction and started sending me spam.
  • This morning I listened to Deftones and Marilyn Manson back to back and for hours on end.
  • My nursing buddy whom I know to have long ago had a falling out with another mutual nursing buddy could not even remember why she hated the other nurse when the subject came up this morning- but she still hates her just the same.
  • Oreo McFlurrys are great.
  • Although I cannot remember what it was for (baseball, soccer or karate?) I once gave my ex wife a blank check for her to use during the registration process. It was seen as the craziest thing my co workers had ever heard. It was just practical as far as I was concerned and you know- if we cannot trust each other with something like that at this point in our lives- it would not matter what we did or did not do- we would be doomed to failure raising our children.
  • Life pro tip: if at all possible when providing for your children always use a check or electronic transfer tagged CS (for child support). It may never matter but if/when it does it will be a big deal and you will thank your past you for watching out for future you.
  • A ground war in Syria would be a huge, massive mistake.

4 comments:

The Donald said...

Regarding the last bullet point, I think it's kinda ironic that there are a lot of folks protesting the new President because he is seemingly a semi-isolationist and not a 'one-worlder'. It seems they would be happy that this administration might be loath to commit American ground forces to places where we don't have a snowball's chance of meaningfully effecting change or peace among people who have been conflicted for centuries.

Now, my guess of how DJT might handle a Persian or NK flare-up is no better or worse than anyone else's, but my suspicion is that he might somewhat emulate HST, using overwhelming force with stealth/standoff. From my perspective, having been born after the mid-20th century, it would be refreshing for a U.S. leader to say "We'll put a stop to ______, but we're not going to have 60,000 names on a black wall, or 5,000 brave Americans in flag-draped coffins plus 40,000 maimed, to do it."

el chupacabra said...

Amen brother

el chupacabra said...

Amen brother

Anonymous said...

Amen Amen. There's enough killin' that needs to be done right here in Raccoon City!