Wednesday, March 15, 2017





I awoke at 2 this morning (today is 05/26/2016) and got up to take a stretch and get a drink of water. After getting the drink I stepped outside to take a look and check on the weather- and take my stretch. In mid stretch somebody said Hey Kev. what are you doing?  It was the lady who lives across and down from me. We chatted  a few minutes before she said, Come down and talk to me.

It was nice. I stayed there for nearly 2 hours while we chatted and had coffee. Toward the end of my time there after stepping back into her house she stopped in front of me as she headed back to her chair and said, How about a hug? Uh, OK I said and I hugged her. She then said while holding a canister out toward me (which I couldn't see before as it was dark), Well, that was nice but I meant one of these. They're  Hershey's Hugs. They are milk chocolate and white chocolate...

Having since  told the story at work I can't go anywhere in the building without someone saying, Does somebody need a hug?

Also hilarious- Now, I randomly throw open an office door, stick my head in and say, Does anybody in here need a hug?

During the telling a person known for being for lack of a better term, obnoxious has interrupted me telling the story on 3 separate occasions. There is not a chance those interruptions are coincidental. She couldn't stand to see people laughing and having a good time while she is so miserable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No offense, but medical people live and work in their own world and there is always at least one asshat everywhere. It's standard distribution.

an Donalbane said...

There are a couple of women at my work who give me a hug nearly every day we work together. Having been through the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings era, I will allow them to do so, but I generally refrain from initiating hugs.