Friday, November 28, 2008

Who Else Knew

this was bound to happen sooner or later?

"NEW YORK - A Wal-Mart worker has died after being trampled by a throng of unruly shoppers shortly after the Long Island store opened Friday, police said. Unconfirmed reports said a pregnant woman also miscarried as the crowd rushed in." msnbc staff from wire reports/other sources

It is crazy, absolutely ridiculous how people act on this day and each year it gets worse. I've tried it once- I was afraid of either getting hurt or hurting someone else in self defence. Once I went to a Wal Mart the day after Thanksgiving to get a fishing license, I had never even heard of the sale at this point. I walked to the front of the line to see what time the store would open after being ignored by a couple of crazed looking white trash women- it's a wonder I didn't start a riot. Once I finally got in and took care of getting my license I stopped at one of the bins up front where they had DVDs for some crazy low price. There weren't too many people there as it seemed all the bargains were in the rear. I picked up one movie and some crazy woman said,"I know you didn't just grab that movie away from me!" I wasn't all that interested in it anyway so I said,"Knock yourself out crazy lady." and handed it to her. As I walked away I literally wondered Did that really just happen? As I looked back she still had a crazed, smug smile on her face and was beaming at that movie case like it was her newborn baby that she had waited all her life for, she then looked at me, stuck her tongue out at me, then tossed the movie back in the bin.

A True Story

The End

No comments: