Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Missives




  • What are giblets?


  • I'm afraid of the answer to that question.


  • In my family there was a lady who had dementia who had in the past had been the life of the party when it came to cooking. What a spread she could throw during the holidays. She was encouraged to cook one time when she was past her mental prime to have prepared her last thanksgiving meal. I remember the giblet gravy she made bubbled very vigorously even though it was stone cold and it smelled funny. I tried to tactfully steer her side of the family away from it and they got mad. We parted ways that afternoon and though I never heard anything more about it they must have gotten sick- that pan looked like it was licked clean.


  • I've never eaten deep fried turkey.

  • To make them look kind of pathetic some show I watched the other day had characters eating Hormel microwave turkey and dressing meals for thanksgiving. That is what I'm having.

  • Am I pathetic?

No comments: