Friday, November 28, 2008

Fridays Dispatch




  • I don't remember advertising encouraging me to by a single product in my life except for Jolt Cola. Their tagline, All the sugar and twice the caffeine of the leading soda brands did something to me.


  • Jolt came out when I was living in Tennessee and the only place you you could find it was drug stores, I don't know if it was coincidence or the law based on caffeine content but, it was true at the time.

  • A good friend used to say something like,"Ahh, coffee, the elixir of the gods." when we'd drink coffee. What a goofball but, so smart and so funny- we lost touch, I've tried to find him a few times without luck. Need to dig deeper and try again, I miss him a lot when I think of him.


  • I can't find it anywhere near where I live now in Texas but, occasionally pick up some of the Jolt gum when I find it.


  • Did you know there is such a thing as IV caffeine? It's for spinal headaches after certain surgeries and procedures.


  • I feel vaguely good about myself when I hit spellcheck and it comes up No misspellings found.

No comments: