Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday's Missives


  • At Laquinta last night (today is 02/26/2017) the clerk asked if I want to be on the top floor? causing me to reply, Uh, why would I want that? genuinely puzzled. For him-he will love being on the highest floor. She was right- Zac thought it cool we were on the top floor but I thought it nice she knew that about kids (or even better-she guessed that about him specifically).
  • This morning he raced me up to the room after breakfast. I took the elevator- he the stairs. I taught him this trip about always knowing where the stairs and exits are and never use the elevator in a fire. Funny thing about the way kids minds work- he presumed you use the stairs instead of elevator in a fire as the cable would burn and break and as a result the car would come crashing down.
  • Interurban Grill in Ardmore is really good but has the typical smaller town Oklahoma restaurant terrible service . The décor is really cool. They have a penny farthing and a rowing skiff that had a sign on the side to the effect of Thames River Rowing Club. I don't know if it is real or not but most of the other decoration seems legit.
  • Recently as I was getting to know a woman the subject turned to sex. She said she was not into anything kinky.
  • Not my type.
  • No, not really true I am not that shallow but it did momentarily and instantly change how I viewed her and cooled the warm thoughts I was developing and sending in her general direction. She even sensed it and asked, I'm sorry, do you think I am boring now?
  • At the Lowes across the street there are palletized riding mowers and other implements stacked up and ready to go behind their building just waiting for the next crackhead with a bit of initiative and a truck to come along.
  • Still sad- crackhead does not impress spellcheck. It just accepts it as a thing and goes on about its business without offering an alternative.
  • Capacity at the pool here is denoted as, " Bathing Load 25 persons."
  • Gross.
  • I can guess in ways it is harder to keep an indoor pools chemistry balanced and this is only compounded if you have a spa collocated with it. This would be an intuitive observation as I literally have know idea what I am talking about. I could be convinced otherwise- I just guess it to be true as it seems too right.
  • If money were no object I would have an indoor pool and spa and also an amazing outdoor pool and spa combo. I would not care anything about the chemistry- of any of it. Since cost is not an object- I would pay somebody to worry about that.
  • The idea of taking note of up and coming people and buying associated domain names so that I could in turn sell the name to them when they run for office appeals to me for some reason.
  • Zac is in heaven: 2 cool boys just left the pool after playing for 30-40 minutes. A few minutes after they walked out 3 gorgeous girls around his age walked in. He lit up like it was Christmas and is for some odd reason doing all his trick dives...
  • Bill Paxton is dead. Game over man! He was raised in the Parker County area and I have heard his family owned Paxton Lumber in Fort Worth. He stole the show in Aliens, Tombstone and Edge Of Tomorrow. Dang, it is sad he is gone. He is another rare celebrity whose death shocked and saddened me.

4 comments:

Mike M. said...

I would have asked her definition of kinky.. it's very subjective .

el chupacabra said...

Hey Mike- Good point and you are exactly right!

Interestingly, while I did not go into any gory details for this goofy post-
we did go into some moderate detail for the sake of the conversation...

She is boring.

Mike M. said...

Haha!! Enough said!

RPM said...

My rule is if they are lights off, covers on, missionary only I'm not their type. It's mot you, it's me.