Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Wednesday's Digressions


  • The most interesting thing about the Clinton versus Trump race is if nothing else- you could never convince me in a million years that Clinton ever thought she was going to lose and I just as firmly believe Trump never dreamed- he would win.
  • To me eye glasses no matter how clean and well maintained have an odor.
  • A friend who was already pretty just had a bunch of work done on her face. She actually asked my opinion prior to the surgery. We discussed risks, the cost and the fact she was already pretty... she did it anyway. 
  • I was shocked at the results- not bad. I'm going to hang out with her soon. It will be weird at first I think as she may look good but wow- she looks different.
  • Two friendly aquaintences go up and down in their weights frequently. When one loses 20 pounds she looks 10 years younger. When the other loses the same- she looks 10 years older.
  • I don't know what to make of those truths.
  • Recently I disappointed a nursing buddy by not moving with her to another department. 
  • Sometimes, the devil you know is better.
  • I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

That banana is at the limit of edibility. Might be OK for making bread beyond that, but that's about it. I usually buy 4 bananas at a time. One for breakfast, and possibly a night-time snack.

A mid-50s guy at work who is very normal, personable, and - I assume - women would find him handsome, recently walked through my department, his hair about the color Sienna's was. I asked him, "Ralph¹, what did you do?" in the least judgmental way possible. To his credit, he didn't try to play coy, and with a shrug said that he would not again take the advice of his hair-cutter. Previously, it had been, a female co-worker described, "perfectly distinguished'.