Monday, July 16, 2018

Monday's Missives

perfect-Tweets-6
  • Once Upon A Time In The Midlands was on the menu last night and it saddens to say- it did not impress which is a little unusual; as off the wall comedies like that which get two thumbs up from Ebert and Roeper are normally pretty we'll received by me.
  • A long ago love interest told me as we were getting to know each other she had sex with the brother to a guy who was on The Voice or American Idol- whatever and presented it as if I should have been impressed. I was not. I never spoke to her again.
  • Yesterday (today is 07/12/2016) I took note of a sign on the Interstate that referenced the Peach Peddle.
  • A friendly aquaintence rode the 61 mile route.
  • It made me draw up inside and break into a sweat to just write that.
  • The battle of Stalingrad was literally insane and as this article points out the casualties were nearly incomprehensibele; 2 million people- in 6 months.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Amused by the guy scents - In the pre-historic times of the 1960s and 1970s, Herter's had a gun cleaning/preservative formula called 'Proteger'. Some people like the scent of Hoppe's, but Proteger has always been a favorite of mine. I have no idea who blended the concoction for them, but I've long suspected it was something akin a combination of LPS 2 & 3.