Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thursday's Thoughts


  • Did Denny Crane die? I did not comment very often but I always enjoyed reading his blog and reading his comments here.
  • This weekend is the opening of Scarborough Fair.
  • Recently a hot friendly acquaintance suffered a loss in her life. As she told me about it she started crying so I nearly started crying. As she was leaving I put my arms out to hug her of course- as one does. As she put her arms around me she gave me the two cheek Hollywood kiss. It was weird- I've never experienced that before.
  • Bonus kissing story: an outside contractor where I work and I are pretty good friends. We at least always say we're going to interact out of work and we text often during off duty hours. On the same day I got the Hollywood treatment I saw the contractor lady for the first time in a long time. I happened to be sitting down as she came to hug me to tell me goodbye. She kissed me on top of the head.
  • Pretty good day I guess.
  • Recently I saw a clip from a news show that had a lady talking to some guy who is selling memberships in a survival club. I guess it was like a timeshare for people who want to be ready for a post apocalyptic dystopian world or whatever. He started off by saying that when the breakdown of society comes there will be roving gangs of criminals etc etc. To her credit she nearly busted out laughing.
  • Vintage Grill and Taco Cabana in Weatherford aside from a Dennys in Killeen Texas may be the nastiest restaurants I have ever been in my life.
  • Gag.
  • Tommy Boy reminded me of the late great Harry Nilsson.

3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I guess it woulda been a super double bonus kissing day if the chick kissing you on the head also was asking you to fire up the Evinrude...

Or is that just the way I think?

Bear said...

I, too have wondered about Denny Crane. I do not know who he is but I enjoy reading his blog. I follow the links on his website is how I found this one and a couple of others that I thoroughly enjoy reading almost every day.

It would be nice to know if he is still around. I miss his wit.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- Nah every red blooded American would think that way. Now that you mention it, all I can see is the THREE of us on a Outerlimits SL41...
or is that just me?
Hi Bear- I feel the same. Like I said earlier though- I hardly ever commented and I'm not entirely sure why that is true.
Thanks for the comment.