Friday, May 25, 2018

Friday's Dispatch


  • A friendly acquaintance is very- very likely to kill herself and I don't know what to do about it. Due to some recent changes in her personal life and what I think I know about her personality I would have thought this even even if I discounted her history- which reads like a checklist for people who might kill themselves ( if not for people in acute crisis who are ready to kill themselves).
  • Half of the people need to realize that the internet is more real life than they think it is- the other half needs to realize that the internet is not as real life as they think.
  • A female I met a long time ago was on both estrogen replacement and testosterone. I'm not an endocrinologist but man- that seems weird.
  • For some reason it doesn't trip me out at all when an American actor can do a convincing British accent but it seems really bizarre when a British actor can throw off a good Southern American accent. Some part of my mind rejects it and says, This is just not right.
  • While I was training a new nurse one time during the shadow phase where I let her talk and educate the patients and I just observe and step in if I really needed to, the patient asked her a question. This caused my nursing buddy to literally start riffing and ad libbing and apparently just saying anything that seemed like she thought was even remotely related. I didn't stop her mostly because even the incorrect stuff was not dangerous per se but also- it was simply just fascinating to see. It was mesmerizing.
  • What did I do? What did I say? After the patient left I said to her Wow, you just kinda started winging it there didn't you? I know. I couldn't stop. I couldn't shut up. What did I even say?! was her reply.
  • It didn't matter you where you went in the world for the Army, at some point you were going to be served chili mac and the dish called yakisoba. Also, no matter where you had it in the world- they both would be great.
  • Drivin' N Cryin' Honeysuckle Blue. More of the music of my youth.

4 comments:

an Donalbane said...

No endocrinologist I either, but at lunch today some ladies were telling a dude that maybe Midol would help with his back spasms. Apparently they knew some other dudes who had had success with that remedy.

el chupacabra said...

Maybe he was like the convict in Raising Arizona when asked why he felt like a woman trapped in a man's body he replied, Well sometimes I get them menstrual cramps real hard.

Mike M. said...

I remember Chili Mac MRE when I was in Bosnia and Hungary in 1995. Yum. Haha

Mike

el chupacabra said...

Holy heck Mike- I was JUST trying to recall that meal over the weekend! As I recall they were pret-ty good.
I had it so rarely though; I wasn't so sure if I was correctly recalling a MRE or a camping meal?