Friday, May 4, 2018


  • It is 05/04/2018 at 0717 and has been pouring rain for hours.
  • A favorite cover  of a favorite  song: Bush Wild Horses.
  • For some reason the Elton John song Bennie and the Jets has been playing in a loop in my brain for the past 72 hours.
  • My friend who had plastic surgery done asked me if I wanted to see the pictures right after she had the surgery. I told her yes but she has changed her mind and won't send them to me as they're so heinous.
  • The food in a pound for pound- dollar for dollar kind of way at R and K Cafe is probably the best I have ever had.
  • Dollar defaulted with a capitol d up there for some reason.
  • Recently a holiday weekend happened to coincide with a vacation which also sadly happened to coincide with me being real sick. I'd actually made some plans but yeah- again since being sick those plans were cancelled and I laid around the house for over a week. When I started feeling better and needed survival supplies I would drop by the local Dollar General. This happened several times during that week. My guess is you could not overstate the effect of what we call the opioid epidemic as essentially everyone there was under the influence. The only guy who looked sober made up for it by having a woman hanging all over him who was so skulled out- she didn't know which end was up.
  • Good night world. I love you in spite of yourself.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Did Bennie and the Jets alternate channels from the left to the right side of your brain?

Not quite sure how it came up in convo today, but I had to make an admission to a co-worker that I can no longer sing the high falsetto of that song, or the David Lindley falsetto on Jackson Browne's version of Stay, both of which I was quite proficient at in my college years and beyond.

Not that it's gonna keep me awake tonight...

el chupacabra said...

Eyes Don- Ha, of course- back and forth ...
Dang I wish I could sing well enough to have to admit I lost some minor component to that talent.