Thursday, February 8, 2018

Thursday's Thoughts



  • An old Army friend while I was in Germany had a partial dental plate and if he was out working on a vehicle in the cold weather his jaw would start hurting so he would have to go inside and as he would say, Warm my teeth up.
  • I don't know what reminded me of him but something caused me to look him up. Funny thing is while I was looking him up I did an image search. The very first result was a house that I know he is not lived in for 30 plus years- and I found no pictures of him.
  • Bonus: oddly, the house- aside from the front door being painted looks exactly the same as I remember 30 years ago when I left my contact information in the screen doors jam. 
  • When I started college I moved nearly 600 miles from Texas to Tennessee and ended up living within a very short drive of his house.
  • My nursing buddy next door call me to her office to get a cockroach out of it the other day. That thing was a monster- it was literally ridiculous. Oddly it was so big I could smell it- if that makes any sense?! I took it outside and threw it out. When I did it took off flying and its wings fluttered like a buzzard's. Nasty
  • The environmental people have been going around our facility and vacuuming mosquitoes out of the air with a backpack mounted vacuum. 
  • They look like Ghostbusters.
  • The environmental people -not the mosquitoes.

No comments: