Monday, February 12, 2018

Monday's Missives

What your bring home from dads to moms loot looks like if you are my kid.

  • I love coffee.
    I asked for potatoes to be placed on my tacquito...
  • It will be good to have another dog- sometime in the distant future.
  • PS: In case you are wondering- the tomato tacquito was not terrible. I would never intentionally order it again but yeah- it was better than being poked in the eye with a stick.
    One of the den mother types at work has started making me lunch from her home dinner leftovers.
     She tells stories from her homelife where she relates something she said to her husband the evening before. Said related story will involve something hilarious I did or said at work that day. Part of the punchline will involve her saying something like, I could tell by the look on his face he didnt get it it because he doesn't know this place! Something tells me she misinterprets his looks and gets it alright- and he would illustrate that point by throat-punching me with very little provocation.
  • If I'm stressed out- in the morning I will often have a lot of eye boogers- when I normally don't really have any at all.
  • What you see on the backside of the door coming out of the men's restroom at a restaurant I went to in Fort Worth recently. Yes, I had a mild heart attack but that was nothing compared to the chest pain the nauseating food that was awaiting me caused.
  • Proof of civilizing affect of women: recently a blob of crud stuck on the inside wall of my tub gave me a startle as it appeared very convincingly like a gecko. This (days later) morning before I got in, it happened again- causing me to scratch Gary Gecko off with my thumbnail before crawling in for a nice soak. It never even occurred to me to clean the tub.
  • Gross. Not a chance I would try that nonsense were there a woman in the picture. 
    When I first started coming to Sunshine Lake 20 years ago this platform was comparatively barely tilting over into the water.
  • Zac could eat gravy every meal of the day I think.
  • When I was a kid I genuinely  loved British comedies. I loved them more than I should though, as my watching them got on my dad's nerves. I can't understand a word they're saying! He would say. It made me feel superior to him. 
  • Maybe that is a bit much- feel more sophisticated than him might be a better term.
  • He has been dead now for nearly 40 years.

3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

People think I drink insane amounts of coffee. In fact, I maybe drink 2-3 cups a day, but because I frequently top off my insulated tumbler, they don't know that I'm usually only adding a few ounces to warm it up.

Tu dices potato, yo digo tomato. Although, I can dice and slice both tomatoes and potatoes.

Kinda on the fence regarding Brit-coms. I generally liked - not loved - Python, and some Benny Hill, but not so much on the Mr. Bean.

Your comment about your Dad reminds me that I saw a 60-ish woman today in the big box store, wearing a hoodie with writing on the front: "Daddy's Girl" (in script), underneath which it said "I was your little angel, now you are mine." Retelling it to a friend, I got a little verklempt.

Mike M. said...

I have only two memories of your dad. The first is a very good memory. We all came over to the house in Decatur and I remember getting out of the car and him scooping me up and spinning me around then a big bear hug. I must've been only 4 years old, but that memory has always stuck with me.

I think about it probably every year or so.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- same here on the coffee- people see me warming my coffee up by adding another dash and they presume im filling up so they think im ridiculous.

Hey Mike- Whoa that is a good one. Good for me to hear things like that.