Monday, August 28, 2017

What's in your junk drawer?

  • A friendly acquaintance+ who is in one of those hollow shells of a marriage gets jealous when she finds I have been interacting with a new woman.
  • That is weird, oddly sort of reassuring and more than slightly terrifying.
  • I got another nudie pic from the 60 year old lady.
  • I won't send out nudie pics of myself though.
  • Interestingly, to never do that is one of the few things my childrens flesh mother has asked of me and I consider it wise counsel.
  • It has been ages since I went fishing.
    Odd, ugly, dangerous and foolish.
  • Recently, I sort of lied to a mutual aquaintence about a souvenir given to me by our friend who had returned from a trip Costa Rica. The one given to me was kind of awesome and expensive. The one given to our mutual acquaintance was kind of lame and cheap. I did not want her feelings hurt so I lied and said mine was the same.
    Looks like the setting to a sad senseless murder.
  • You will not regret starting and ending every day with a large glass of ice water.
    Guess where and you might win a million dollars.
  • An old family friend was circumcised late (28 years old comes to mind) in life. I was a little kid but still remember him walking around bow legged, wearing overalls and reportedly no underwear. I wonder- what possessed people to make a maybe 10 year old kid privy to that kind of information?
  • He drowned in a pool in Nashville years later.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Lots going on there.

Why yes, I keep my junk in my drawers. Seems an apropos place, don'cha think?

Interesting how people have taken to the social media to act the fool in so many ways - I had a woman (whom I adored when I was in high school), unsolicitedly send me nekkid pics early this year. I deleted them - for a couple of reasons: I didn't want to be tempted to go back and look at them, and, if I got hit by the bus, didn't want them lurking on my phone.

Possibly TMI, but...as someone who was not, um, attended by a Rabbi at or about my borning, and possessed, uh, a smidgen of extra dermis until about age 10, I can safety attest that your friend's loss of his 'hoodie' had no material effect - one way or the other - relative to his ability to swim.