Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday's Dispatch

Weird to see: my youngest offsprings flesh-mothers  handwriting in a notebook he brought over one weekend.

  • The eclipse today 08/21/2017 was great and has me planning to be positioned along the totality line (whatever that is called) when the next one comes along. 
  • Strange fact about me: I have driven multiple convertibles ( 66? Chevy Impala, a 89 GT Mustang, a 90s something Dodge and a Cobra SVT  Mustang come to mind- although I think I am missing one) but I have never ridden in one as a passenger.
  • The Chevrolet Impala still makes me kinda sick... The kid selling it and I had already come to a tentative deal to only come back to his house to find out a coworker of his dad had already paid for the car earlier in the day and the car no longer belonged to either one of us.
  • Not only would it have been a great one to have; it would have been literally amazing- to still have it.
    Centipede Zac rescued from Travertine Creek.
  • My legs, back and booty look like hamburger from mosquitoes biting me over the weekend. I count 19 distinct bites- a low figure I am sure.
  • Obviously an outdoors person like me would be bitten thousands of times in a lifetime- would it be tens of thousands though?
    I have never eaten there but have seen the signs for years.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

My only CV was a '71 Fiat 850 Spider. Beautiful little car, and with a tailwind, downhill it would go a tad over 65 mph. I learned firsthand the truth of the axiom "Fix It Again, Tony" - only I was the Tony in that equation. The thing went through ignition condensers like nobody's business, and I think the stub axle splines were made of pot metal, but it was cute and my GF liked it.

I googled the Robertson's and found there are seven stores total. I have eaten at one in southern OK, and in Salado, and would recommend them, if for no other reason than that they are a piece of Americana - I don't remember ever stopping at Stuckey's or Nickerson Farms, so it's kinda cool that Robertson's is still there along the highway.