Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday's Digressions









  • Coal Chamber- Shock The Monkey.
  • Iran has been squawking and whining about Israeli jets being based in Iraq and invading their airspace. Whatever they're up to- it's no good.
  • The Iranians I mean. There is not even a chance Israeli jets are in Iraq.
  • Not a chance.
  • The world had better decide what they are going to do with Middle Easterners when the Middle East runs out of oil and/or water.
  • Something I noted during coverage of the various uprisings in the Arab world: none of the forces I saw facing protesters had any visible means of less than lethal engagement. They were also always terribly disorganized and sometimes soldiers were even alone.
  • Disorganized, alone and nervous- a recipe for guaranteed disaster.
  • The above is from an old draft- I'm sure the Middle East is all sorted out by the time this publishes.
  • 07/13/2013 at 1939 and I'm watching Hunt For Red October. Verdict: Some corn but all in all it has aged very well.
    Toady frog says, Whats up? although it comes out, Croooak!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've had a great deal of difficulty with the Coal Chamber song for years now.

I love Peter Gabriel. Ozzy's voice can be fantastic at times.

But this is sort of like peanut butter and jalapenos: Two great tastes that DON'T go great together.

I blame Coal Chamber.

RPM said...

I agree on the Israeli planes in Iraq. Ain't gonna happen.

Tom Clancy material holds up because it's well written.