Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday's Dispatch





  • This morning driving through the intersection where I got smashed in Littlecar my heart dropped and I felt vaguely anxious.
  • According to the Trivia Page on our table at Denny's this morning I and you are the two most widely used words in America and the chimp who along with Ronald Reagan starred in Bedtime For Bonzo died in a trailer fire.
  • A friend is doing disaster relief nursing for the hurricane bearing down on the Gulf. She is making an obscene amount of money in an exaggerated response fueled by every politicians desire to insure they are never implicated in a disaster response that could ever be compared to Katrina.
  • My rental is an HHR. A terrible car- the fit and finish are unbelievably shoddy and there is a crazy amount of body roll for such a low slung looking car. My CRV had 120,000 miles and was a much more comfortable and better drive.
  • I keep telling myself I'm going to get a free breakfast at Denny's on my birthday, but I always forget.
  • Some day people will look back at us in absolute bewilderment that we killed so many of our citizens by state execution and that marijuana offenders were jailed for years.

3 comments:

RPM said...

This has to be an archived post. That or there's a secret hurricane the government isn't telling us about.

RPM said...

The HHR is like the PT Cruiser. They only had so much money for the project. They chose to spend it on exterior design and were forced to compensate with reduced quality everywhere else.

Unknown said...

I often wonder what things we take for granted that people will be shocked and confused by in 100 years.

I agree about the marijuana thing. Also, the idea that corporations are people. The fact that we thought CGI looked real. And Kanye West.