Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday's Missives

Rita Hayworth- hubba hubba.





  • Guru- another word henceforth and forthwith banned from use in the English lanuage.


  • When I bought my laptop there was a long wait to get an air card and of the first two places I tried to use Wi Fi one was secured and on the other my own security was asking for a password I didn't have so I haven't touched it in over a month.

  • Yes, I paid just nearly 600 bucks for something to sit on my nightstand to use for my hearing aids and glasses so they don't get lost or messed up while off my pretty head.


  • Robin Williams is pushing to be in the next Batman. Batman is my favorite hero.


  • Well, next to Batmanuel from The Tick. Nestor Carbonell the actor who played Batmanuel also plays the mayor in Dark Knight


  • People from other tables were impressed with Zac eating hot sauce and chips in the Mexican Restaurant.


  • They were shocked to to see him pick the bowl up and start drinking it straight.


  • Word on the street has it the lady who smashed me was involved in another accident two weeks prior to wrecking me.


  • I was hurt toward the end of our tour so I stayed at Fort Hood doing rehab and everybody else demobilised and went their separate ways. I got a heads up about our homecoming parade, but nearly missed it and was standing on the street spectating when my platoon sergeant, former gunner and driver drove by in some new pickup provided by a local dealer. They saw me and stopped the parade and hollered for me to come get in the vehicle. As I hobbled across the street people figured out what was going on and started clapping and cheering. It was among the lowest points in my life and I don't know why. I guess it was proof my guys would go on without me and there would be no more wars and in fact no more playing Army for Kev?


3 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I hate dealing with Wi Fi issues. Get on the horn with your service provider and don't hang up until they get you online. They know your password. Or they can reset it. Or they can schedule someone to come to your house and make it happen.

an Donalbane said...

In the, uh, '70s, KNUS DJ Fred Kennedy did an on-air character named The Great Great Great Guru Maharishi Mahesh Feelymebonybelly.

It was sort of like a radio version of Edgar Bergen & Charlie McCarthy, or, in more contemporary terms, Jeff Dunham & Achmed.

Doc Feelgood said...

Chup - I'm not sure I'm understanding the last part of your post re: trying to explain your low feelings when you were recognized at the parade. Are you combat veterans aware that non-veterans have no clue how you guys feel about your experiences? And that the nons are ALWAYS surprised by your reactions to situations such as you described? There exists a huge disconnect on that subject between vets and nons that I think we would do well to try to close in our society. Not that I would have any idea how to accomplish that end, other than through conversations and dialogue such as this. At any rate, thank you, unbelievably much, for your service to our country.