Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday's Dispatch

I love this pic: the caption on Wikipedia says, "An M1 Abrams fires into a former house.." Former- Yes, I guess at the point of that trigger squeeze. The article states at the end of the M1's run it will have served 50 years. I'll bet it's more like 70. The M1 is much maligned by people who don't know any better, but is an unbelievably good system.






  • It's ridiculous, but for some reason I'm dreading my case tonight and am afraid it's going to be bad.



  • They did not even give me a hint like, they've had trouble keeping it staffed or the patient has multiple issues or there are complex family dynamics..



  • I knew 6 or 7 residents of my apartments at the resident appreciation event. I didn't realize that's kind of unusual until I heard so many say they don't know anyone in other apartments. How could that be? It seems you would be forced to interact with a certain number enough you would get to to know a few well.



  • Had a very decent steak at Yesterday's in Decatur this morning. I think they call it the Beach Boys- it was a 13 oz sirloin with grilled scrimps.
  • A recent patients daughter stole my awesome Casio when I took it off to bathe her father who lie dying 4 feet away. People never cease to amaze me.

2 comments:

Kathleen... said...

"People never cease to amaze me." Me either....

Thievery is just insulting and violating. To do so in the presence of a Life's Turn and the person quietly aiding that? Incredible.

You're a fab person, Chup'y.....I'll bet your apartment neighbors hold you in high esteem. =)

el chupacabra said...

Obi- Thanks- kinda needed to hear that!