Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday's Digressions




  • Zac and I went camping last night at Mineral Wells State Park. I am beat. We rented a screen shelter- he called it "camp house". It was about a billions degrees in there when we went to sleep and I woke up freezing at 3 AM. He felt like a block of ice also. We almost took the bike trail- on the assumption it was 12 miles long like I've heard. I just looked it up- 20+ miles. The horror...


  • We did the night hike Saturday night. David Owens called up some screech owls and they flew right over us and roosted 50 feet away and fussed at us. What simple fun.


  • I miss the military and even more importantly miss war and still might sign on with a private military contracting organization.

  • It's Tuesday and I'm back to finish this post.

  • Women should learn not everyone can get away with wearing turquoise.

  • I have 3 friends I can really count on- lean on actually and they know they can do the same with me. One never sleeps at night so when my patient kicks the bucket in the middle of the night we'll talk for hours.

  • On the way home last night I thought, I simply cannot wait until I have someone who loves me to come home to then just as quickly thought no- I look forward to the time I can come home to someone who loves me. My apartment is home though and I feel very comfortable and safe there.

  • There have been many unusual things in my patients homes in the past however, the AT4 rocket launcher in last nights case may take the cake.

4 comments:

YM said...

Now I'm paranoid. I love turquoise jewelry.

el chupacabra said...

My Queen- Nah, you're one of them who can get away with it.

an Donalbane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
an Donalbane said...

Screen houses at MWSP? Hmm, I'd been thinking of taking Friday off work to go up to Turner Falls and setting up the Eddie Bauer 3 room family tent, then picking up the kiddos to spend the weekend up there.

MW sounds a lot simpler...