Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday's Missives








  • Queen Adreena with my new favorite cover of Jolene.




  • My friend and neighbor has been dead over a year now. He had a band with Wes Orbison (yes,Wes' son). They were just getting together and getting things figured out. It's a shame he's gone.




  • I would have finally been able to realize my dream- of being a roadie.




  • It would have been great.




  • Got a stupid virus on my machine. Lost a lot of important documents and at least 10,000 pictures.




  • Oh, and 200 bucks to fix the mess.




  • "Went to work, but they took patient to the hospital in the night." Text from fellow hospice nurse.




  • Yes, they took a hospice patient to hospital- so ridiculous. Do not even know that patient but I promise you, there will be untold suffering at the hands of her family who have medical power of attorney over her until her body can take no more she dies and then, then the family will finally have to start dealing with her death.




  • Did I mention Zac saw an old corded motel room phone on our trip and didn't know what it was? He picked it up first thing and said,"What's this?" and proceeded to take it apart and put it back together.




  • "god give us back Paul. you can take justin Bieber." From the comments on a Slipknot video regarding their bass player Paul Gray who died in 2010.

No comments: