Friday, March 13, 2009

Fridays Dispatch



  • An old girlfriend attempted to murder me once.

  • No there's not a punchline- she tried to kill me.

  • The company I work for is owned by a husband and wife. It's odd but, I've never met her although I talk to her on the phone multiple times in a week.

  • Recently met an older person who knew a favorite uncle who has been dead for at least 30 years. He remembered uncle Poodles truck and in fact told me who owns it now. It's a 1955 Chevrolet one ton and was the first vehicle I ever drove which entailed basically me popping the clutch and us being jarred back and forth until the truck died and listening to him laugh until he cried. I still have the shifter knob to that truck.

  • Yes, he was called Poodle and people who lived in Jacksboro TX and knew him would have no idea who you were talking about if you called him by his real name.

  • Wednesday morning me and the baby got up early, took a bath and sat in front of the fireplace and ate cereal while we listened to the rain.

  • Heaven.

  • When my teenager was about 3 he could work a baitcasting fishing rod and reel very well, had his own and practiced in the yard with just a weight on the end of the line. One day he was pestering me to take him fishing so I took him to a wide spot by a water crossing on Salt Creek near our house thinking he could get it out of his system even though there was no way he would catch anything and we could go to his Pops that weekend and catch some fish. The creek there was 4-6 feet wide and maybe as deep. He caught a little bass on his second cast. A farm hand made a turn near us while he was plowing and had a grin on his face nearly as big as mine.

5 comments:

The Accomplice said...

You would be surprised how many men our victims of domestic violence.

I once went to a class involving domestic violence. The presenter tried to convince the class that it was always then "mans" fault. "If she snapped, it's his fault." I had to walk out.

el chupacabra said...

Accomplice- wow, that's crazy thinking for today.

el chupacabra said...

PS in my case, I probably had it coming!

Ha ha

Kathleen... said...

Someone tried to kill the Chupper? Pfft! Bad form! ;)

I probably should've killed a couple of my exes but I'm not overly emotional....lol.

el chupacabra said...

Bad form - to say the least! - Thanks Ano.