Monday, December 31, 2018



  • At lunch once for some reason the subject came up of celebrities. As a result, it was discussed to which we were most attracted. I was asked about one who happens to be black. My answer was something along the lines of Nah, she does nothing for me- she looks kind of mannish. I can't tell if she is a slightly ugly woman or a super pretty dude! Then I laughed and everybody else laughed- except for one person. I happened to look around and a woman who is black was staring at me with literal murder in her eyes. This was no fleeting micro expression that I may have misinterpreted either. She made eye contact with me for a good solid 5 seconds- just glaring.
  • My point? I don't know but that was years ago and I still wonder about what was happening there.
  • Bonus thought- she was one of my best work buddies. We had lunch together all the time. Even so- I still have no idea what the line was I crossed. 
  • I had the most amazing coffee nap yesterday.
  • As I have mentioned before while in Germany I got to be pretty good with the language. While not absolutely fluent- I could manage to get my point across in any setting. Since English is Germanic- you can figure out a lot when you can identify root words. Also, if there is a compound word in German and you know one of the root words it is often easy to interpret-ish. Example: I just saw in print the title of a book, Meine Flugbuch. Without hesitation I saw, My Flight Book. That is not correct. It would be My Logbook (as related to flying though) but it got the point across and on either side of an actual conversation between real people; the speakers would figure out in context what was meant if the title was spoken.
  • It is April 7th 2018 and when I awoke this morning it was to a drizzly rain in 32 degree temperature. Texas weather is psychotic.
  • The only thing keeping me in Texas are my children. If the ex said, I'm moving to Colorado. I would simply say, Cool, I'm right behind you...
  • Yesterday (today is 05/02/2018) I told a friend the story about the time an ex tried to murder me with a pair of scissors. My friend did not believe the story which hurt my feelings out of proportion to what that lack of faith should.
  • Today (11/08/2018) I thought about the woman who tried to get all stabby with me. I wondered as I have a few times through the years if she ever thinks about that episode and for the first time ever wondered how/if she justified her actions.
  • Arlo McKinley Bag Of Pills.

No comments: