|A dry stack stone wall on Fort Richardson. I don't know if it is original to the post, from a ranch or from the CCC but it is as stable as solid concrete.|
- My new stove is on the way from REI. I had wanted it for forever but couldn't/wouldn't spend the money. A 50 dollar gift card eased the pain enough I made the plunge. It would be cool even if it wasn't made in Murica!.
- Next up will be some new cookware, headlamp and Kelty TraiLogic pack.
- My understanding is all the performers who do the halftime show on the Superbowl lip sync. but Lenny Kravitz is basically playing air guitar as I write this. Good grief Lenny- tell 'em no next time baby.
- ProFlowers is inundating me with Valentine's Day offers. The last time I used them they overcharged me by I think it was 30 bucks then offered me a 20 dollar discount on my next purchase as recompense. Fool me once...
- Today (02/06/2015) I got off early. I went to the bank and then slept. Also, I shaved my beard off so I accomplished that I guess.
Aside from our rare (these days) rains this is as close as these boats will ever be to water.
- Recently woman formerly known as wife offered to switch weekends with me for our children so FG and I could plan something for Valentine's Day- not wrong or bad but it made me feel slightly weird.
Gear guy pro tip: Want a 3 in 1 parka but don't want to shell out 2-300 bucks? Get a breathable shell a thick fleece and a light one. Put the light one on first then the heavy one and finally the rain shell and voila!
- 02/07/2015 and I have an update to my new stove. It arrived yesterday during my nap. Holy smokes it is lighter- in the shipping packaging than my old stove is by itself!
Found on the parade ground at Fort Richardson after the reenactment.