Monday, June 4, 2012

Mondays Missives











  • "Side windows on the removable top are gone ( easier to shoot out of )..."




  • From a used car ad I just read- only in Texas.




  • I won't have a 50th wedding anniversary and a 40th would be very unlikely.




  • A woman will never look better than on her wedding day.




  • A couple of ways that could be taken I suppose.




  • When a person says to the effect,"That would never happen to me/us." when another person mentions the shock of how their marriage ended I always think- Oh my, I hope you have a good support system.




  • What if some celebrities, prominent individuals and Congressmen said,"We aren't talking about taking away your right to talk under the First Amendment, we just want common sense laws and regulations?"




  • Watched the remake of The Day The Earth stood still starring Keanu Reeves.




  • Terrible.




  • Learning about people who are financial successes normally interests me a lot but, I can't stand to see, hear or read anything by or about Jeff Bezos and I don't know why.




  • A hard core drinker will never eat many sweets but, someone who has beat the bottle? Dessert bars beware. This is so true that when a former drinker suddenly stops eating sweets- you can bet they've fallen off the wagon.

3 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Never heard of Mr. Bezos.

aroundthecorner said...

Two ways, I agree. For some, it's all downhill from there. For others, such as my wife, she gets prettier every day.
Bezos? Gonna have to Google that.
50th? Me either. I would be 83 if we made 40. Kind of doubtful, but possible.

an Donalbane said...

Well, I know who Jeff Bezos is, but I'm as uninterested as you about learning any more about him. Same goes for the Facebook guy.

I used to take pride in believing I'd be married to my wife forever. Now? Meh.

Is the pic chick the Riddler's woman?