Monday, July 11, 2022

Monday's Missives

  • My nursing buddy asked me to walk out with her as she left for lunch to save her space by parking my truck sideways where we parked adjacent to each other this morning, then she wanted me to come out when she returned and move so she had her space back.
  • Crazy.
  • Today is Wednesday but I awoke thinking it was Thursday and I only had to plow through one more day before a much needed break.
  • Bad.
  • At lunch I discovered I had accidentally bought alphabet vegetable soup. That made my day! I mean yay! Alphabet soup, sharp cheddar cheese and Ritz crackers- a combo made in heaven!
  • Good.
  • Reading the directions which recommended 2 to 3 minutes I set the microwave for 2.5 minutes. I returned 3.5 minutes later to find my soup had exploded all over the interior of the 'wave. It looked like a crime scene from a psychotic version of a Veggie Tales movie. I spent 15 minutes cleaning the mess up.
  • Awful.
  • Lunch then consisted of half a pound of cheddar cheese and Ritz crackers washed down with my tears.
  • Pathetic.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

I got a cool soup cup at Aldi awhile back with a vented cover that prevents splash overs. So far it's worked well, although I do tend to ease into thecook times, starting at :30 under recommended, then adding increments.

Are you still working near Ofco?