Friday, March 5, 2021

Friday's Digressions


  • I love the foibles of people who may be unAmerican but also happen to be fluent in English. Recently a friendly acquaintance was talking about a friend who happens to be able to grow things well. She attempted to use the expression green thumb. Instead, she reported her friend as having a, "good thumb..."
  • Another person referred to her boring husband as being a, pickle bump...
  • This morning  (05/13/2018) I thought about one of the last things FG said to me, "You are going to mess around and lose me and I am one of the best things that ever happened to you." As I was pondering that moment in time I heard this song by Paramore.
  • We loved Paramore and saw them live at least once at EDGEFEST. 
  • How to know you're getting old: while having lunch with somebody I asked about how long it had been since she went back to her country of birth. She replied, Not in a long time! Let me see... I guess I was 16 so... 9 years ago?! Was it a wakeup call that freaked me out a little and made me start thinking about hanging around women my own age? Nope. I didn't need a wake-up  call in that context- I was already thinking of a way to fix her up- with my son.
  • This morning (12/06/2018) a reporter on Fox News mispronounced Ibuprofen as Ib-Profen. Odd.
  • I watched television for the first time last night in well over a year. Verdict: a literally horrific time waste.

No comments: