Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wednesday's Digressions

Yeah that isn't creepy at all. A weird flashback: my dad was an aficionado of pulp fistion and softcore pron. He had stacks of trash paperbacks. The paper was of such poor quality that when we cleaned his stuff out of the garage years later the books would disintegrate in your hand. Fistion!? Yikes.

  • Did I know Patrick Swayze wrote and sang She's Like The Wind?  I don't think I did. Why didn't you tell me? His wife was the inspiration according to my sources deep within Wikipedia. Theirs was by all reports an epic love story.
  • Another connected thought- now that I think about it, I was always sure Christopher Cross sang that song.
    Ant lion (not his natural habitat).
  • Pandas are really, really dumb from an evolutionary standpoint and are their own worst enemies. 
  • Your new dream home is conveniently located in Muenster Texas and realistically priced for the discerning buyer...
  • Nature- Animal Misfits- what I'm watching. It is absolutely fascinating and beautiful. It reminded me of of one of my favorite animals: the aye-aye.
  • I  wonder if Jaguar the car maker has ever done anything to promote the protection of the animal jaguar? It would dumb to be guilty of that sin of omission if they have not.
  • For some reason I am not shocked (nor offended) Steve Jobs never did any charitable work worth acknowledging. Really, I would have been shocked if he were a charitable person.
    A simpler happy time. She loved me more than I deserved and is maybe the only person I can say that about in my entire life. She is one of  only a couple I can confidently say loved me at all. The idea was to make her look like a feminine smiley face not an angry yellow version of Meatwad.  Anyway, she loved me. Amazing.
  • Last night (10/24/2014) I had dinner with friends at Fuzzy's. During the course of the festivities my memory of something was doubted. Our friend said, Ah, I haven't ever heard of it and I've lived there all my life. Causing me to say, Well, shoot. Let me text Noel and see what he says. He was there and he is the only person I know in the world with a better memory than mine. Noel's response and the Googleizer resolved the controversy in my favor- of course. Also on the plate was a simmering fight between the other couple. They traded barbs, jokes, stories and threats to leave (or kick the other out), requests for sex when they got home and threats to withhold same with equal offhandedness.  She told stories about her boobies being the only good  thing she got out of her previous marriage and he would indicate it was the only good thing he was getting out of his present marriage. I swear every time he left the table I wondered if he was coming back and was mentally preparing myself to take his wife home. 
  • Fuzzy's: Come for the tacos and borracho beans and stay for the white trash comedy.
  • His wife and FG have declared their love for each other and intention to join the other team and forget about men altogether when we all walk away from each other.
  • Jeff Buckley was singing Hallejuah as I did the dumb Paint GIF above.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

No-go on the castle house. It's lacking a moat, and has no automated arrow slingers from the parapets.

an Donalbane said...

Hello? (Hello? Hello? Hello?)
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone home?

Dude, are you still live-blogging - or is this all on a pre-programmed script?