Monday, September 7, 2020

Monday's Missives


  • Recently, after she used a few key words and phrases; I pictured a server at a cafe drinking beer from a Solo cup while standing in a cow pasture swinging her string top over head while screaming, Yeeeehawww!
  • Although I don't know exactly where that thought came from- I bet it has happened.
  • This morning at a traffic light I saw a woman in scrubs picking her teeth with her ridiculously long purple nails. Then she oddly ran the first 2 fingers of her right hand in and out of her mouth. She then poured a bottle of cough syrup into a soda and then turned down into the hospital district.
  • Yesterday I read a story about a person who killed themselves. People kept coming back to the idea she had sooo much to live for, she seemed happy etc. The article showed multiple pics of the person. She was one of saddest looking people I have ever seen. She was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders and her family and friends obviously could not see that.
  • Today 09/06/2018 I bumped into an old friendly aquaintence.  She had put back on a couple of pounds after a misguided period of being way too scrawny. She looked amazing. The first thing I did? Checked out her new and improved cleavage. She saw it and looked disappointed. I was ashamed.
  • This morning 9/7/2018 I awoke from from a dream related to a great time in my life. When I was young I worked building and repairing water control structures- dams and levees. I was offered a job building a new lake near Winters TX. Coincidentally, a family member was selling a conversion van. I lived in the van right on the job site which was situated on a large ranch. It may seem weird but it was one of the best times I've ever had in my life. I hung with my friends, operated heavy equipment and got paid well to not have a care in the world. I even ran free electricity off the dog house (storage building) for a fan and TV.
  • Interesting PS: since the feds were paying there was a minimum scale we were supposed to be paid. Being as we were severely underpaid before the start of that job- we all got a big jump in pay. I don't recall for sure but I kinda think it must have been at least a couple of bucks an hour more.
  • It has never occurred to me to lick my fingers while thumbing through the pages of a book or other paperwork.
  • No- I have never even tested the water and gave it a try once.

No comments: