Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wednesday's Digressions


  • There is a thing I am about to tell you that if you knew me in real life you simply would not believe to be true. This is so true, it would cause you to doubt everything you thought about not only me but the world in general: I have never seen the movie Taxi Driver. It is true. I have only seen some very short clips and those almost always in connection with another TV show or something. I don't believe I've intentionally even watched an extended clip on YouTube or anything.
  • Also, although as I understand it, I actually lived a version of it- I've never also never read the book Lord of the Flies.
  • Until I see a picture of him again- I always misremember who Peter Ustinov was.
  • I know what the saying, Aim small- miss small means. I absolutely get it but it also kind of doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Although in the past I never really snored unless super tired or my allergies are acting up I've recently become inundated with ads for products and services that will help you stop snoring. I just presume that I've started snoring and my phone hears it in the night.
  • Maybe it is my FBI guy who monitors my phone is watching out for me though.
  • Yesterday I witnessed a co worker pose herself as a physical threat to another co-worker.
  • Happens every day in the workplace I suppose but I'm a nurse in a medical clinic- not a janitor in the local MMA training gym.
  • A well known politician comes so close to speaking in word salad that I have trouble following what she is saying and understanding her. I don't know if we should blame drugs, mental illness or the Internet.
  • I kid- a little but yes, my first thought was she sounded like a reasonably high functioning post closed head injury patient.
  • The girl in my donut place correctly put my order in by my first name after only hearing my name once- weeks ago. Honestly, it may have been 6 weeks since she heard the sweet sweet sound of my name.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

You're not alone - I have not seen Taxi Driver, or Lord of the Flies, though I am peripherally aware of both, and could generally get on in conversation as such.

I had to double check to see if my image of Ustinov was correct. It was, albeit his 1950s image (I am not that old).

Maybe the donut chick likes the Kevster...