Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday's Missives


  • This morning 05/24/218 at my donut place the girl I have dealt with for over a year put my order on the counter. Then, stumbling to remember my name looked at the ticket and said, Kevin your order is ready. Im sorry. I don't know why I can never remember your name- you seem more like a Bruce or Larry though! 
  • Weird bonus information to that little story. My nursing buddy said, Oh She likes you when I told her that story. When I questioned her about it she couldn't really say why but she was just very sure that the girl is into me.
  • Anyway- who looks like a Bruce or Larry?! 
  • In the morning I drink 2-4 cups of coffee and 2 larges of water. In the evening I have 2 large glasses of water. It is rare I will have even a sip of water in between.
  • Blaine Johnson- the fake name an old friend would use when meeting women.
  • He apparently dropped off the face of the earth. I could not locate him using his full name and the places he was known to live. Also, he had state licensure/endorsements for two different fields and I could find nothing. There is no way his mother is still alive and I could not even find him tied to her obit. in our hometown paper. I'm not even sure how all that is even possible these days other than it might be he died soon after we parted ways 25+ years ago.
  • I would pay 20 buck for a big plate of cheese fries to be delivered to me right now.

4 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I know quite a few Larrys (Larries?), but can only think of one or two Bruces (Breece?).

BTW, what is happening with all the bloggers? First Mike stopped blogging (although I still see he comments on BoN), then Denney, and the circus blogger, and now TommyBoy. Sure, it's less to keep up with, but the blogosphere is starting to feel like a ghost town.

el chupacabra said...

Yeah fun fact about me I've been friends with three different Larry Smith's but I've never met one single Bruce in my whole life.
The blackout is weird. Those blogs were a big part of my life. I read somewhere Denny Crane died.

Anonymous said...

Hello gents. You want to know what happened? I noticed odd activity on the Drifter site starting two weeks ago -- someone was using a service to check all 2,478 articles for instances of plagiarism. I traced the inquiries and located the articles in question. And yes, I do take from news sources and articles to bolster my arguments but if I do not re-write an entire piece I will give credit. Anyway, a week later I suddenly got shut down and hijacked by some gay dude. No kidding. He posted liberal drivel for a couple of days on the Drifter site as I tried to contact somebody at Blogpost (without success) and then the entire site was deleted. Of course, I'm pissed off about it, but I've been involved with these internet culture wars for bloody years now and realize that a weird deal like I've just experienced was an inside job -- or, at the least, a combined effort. Last week, I did have the presence of mind to save off an XML file of the Drifter, although I have not been able to restore anything on the new site. Pretty wild story, huh? I've started a new blog at startledawake.blogpost.com

That particular Google profile is the oldest profile I use and is attached to several email boxes -- all that stuff was diddled with so I am contemplating using a different name other than TommyBoy. I am not going to quit doing what I do.

I left a message on Donald's site with my new address as well. I hope to see you both at the new site.

TommyBoy

an Donalbane said...

TB - For several days, copying and pasting that address yielded a blog that I'm purty sure was not your'n. Finally, I clicked on your avatar and was directed to your blog. Odd things afoot...