Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Conversations In The Mighty F150

Zac- Dad, can we get a parrot?
Me- Oh, I don't know man. Zac- that is a big deal. A big responsibility and they're expensive.
Like how much?
I think around a thousand dollars at least.
Oh, are they hard to take care of?
Well, I am sure it takes some work but they're a big responsibility for one thing because they live so long.
How long?
80 or 100 years.
If we got one would you help me take care of it dad?
It would live a lot longer than me bubba.
How much longer will you live?
I don't know- maybe 30 more years. was my reply.
Oh.
After a few minutes FG chimed in with, What!? I'll only be 58! 
Me- Your mastery of  math is impressive.
She- You will only live to be 79?
If I'm lucky- somewhere in that neighborhood anyway. I have the genetics to live into my eighties so yeah- something like that I suppose.
Huh... Hmmm. she replied thoughtfully.
What will you do then? I asked.
Start over again I suppose. was her poetic and simple response.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

You could tell him that having a parrot would consign him to a life of piracy, or not growing past 5'4" and having a $15 million civil judgment against him, or forever playing 'Let's Get Drunk and Screw' to meadows full of drunken grandparents and soccer parents.

Maybe if he'd had this idea 40 years ago, he could have hooked up with Joan Embery, but still.

Of course, he may already have passed the 5'4" mark.

Jerome Samson said...

Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: richvampirekindom@gmail.com