Thursday, June 25, 2015

On The Road Again


  • It is 6 AM and I'm in Amarillo.
  • Within the next couple of days after scouting Palo Duro and some other nearby sites I intend to invade New Mexico.
  • Writing this on a tablet is really hateable.
  • My friend wants me to say a prayer for her in one of the nice old Catholic chapels in NM. She said I would know the right one when I saw it.
  • In the montage I just saw the people the douche nozzle in South Carolina murdered looked really nice.
  • I tried to pick up a hitchhiker who was resting under a bridge. Yes, I know I shouldn't do that but I always want to do what I would want others to do for me and if I'm under a bridge in billion degree West Texas heat I would want a ride. Anyway, it didn't matter. He was nuts. I drove off with him raving.
  • Ate at Stars drive in last night. It is like a less Sonic-ie Sonic. My burger was decent but if it didn't take them 15 minutes to get it out to me it was 20. Things seem to move at a slower pace here. They wouldn't last 5 minutes closer to home.
  • A preteen/early teen kid was vaping while waiting for food with his dad. There is no way that is acceptable- right?!
  • The kids arm was in a cast. Get used to it kid. Your life is going to be harder than it had to be in many ways.
  • His dad had an epic mullet.
  • There is a really good radio station here. I think it might be 89.9. 
  • For long stretches of road there was no reception of any kind.
  • There are tons of recently-ish abandoned homes and businesses out this way.
  • Personally, I blame Grover Cleveland.

2 comments:

Katy Anders said...

Grover Cleveland? Hell yeah. This wouldn't be happening if Chester A. Arthur were President.

Nobody was vaping when he was running the show.

el chupacabra said...

Lulz
I always liked ole Chester. He was not very showy but real solid. Here is what Mark Twain thought of him:
"No duty was neglected in his administration, and no adventurous project alarmed the nation." " It would be hard indeed to better President Arthur's administration."