Monday, June 7, 2021

Monday's Missives


  • Thanks to Don and RPM for the reminder- RC Cola was the off brand soda I was thinking of that we drunk as a kid when we were even poorer than usual. It was a nickel and maybe a full dime cheaper than Coke or DP. We would sit on the step to Ray's in Decatur and drink them and turn the bottles back in so we didn't even pay the deposit. 
  • Thug friends once involved me in petty larceny there. When I wasn't around they stole a case of bottles and involved me in selling them back to Ray. I hated them for that.
  • Only one of those guys are still alive.
  • A lime green Aventador would be my Red Barchetta in the post driver controlled car world.

    Me: check this out I got got it in change from a Coke machine. She: good for you Kevin you got a quarter. No it's a Susan B Anthony dollar- look. Me: Have you never seen a Susan B. Anthony dollar? She: It was made in 1980. That was 5 years before I was born...
  • Although I hear the name from time to time- I have no idea who Dennis Prager is. Recently though, I got stuck watching a woman speaker in an ad for whatever he was selling while waiting for a Youtube video. It was related to abortion and Planned Parenthood. Literally everything she said was either a lie, irrelevant or did not mean what they thought it meant.
    Breakfast of champions.
  • Clowns may not be creepiest figure at a party.

No comments: