Saturday, January 12, 2013

Weatherford- My Town: A review Part Two





  • Nizza Pizza is very good, reasonably priced, with a wide variety of pastas. They accidentally ordered an awesome Oreo cheesecake once that went over so well they had to start carrying it routinely. Seating is too tight for my taste so I don't go when it's crowded.
  • Gibson's. It's nice to know there is an alternative to Wal Mart, plus they keep about 200 guns in stock. I know a lot of people who will shop no where else.
  • Boo Rays Mostly bad, but OK some days. The food is cooked to mush, then so called Cajun spices are added. The sides never seem fresh- regardless of time of day or size of crowd etc. People go there and drink, then they don't care so much about food quality.
  • We had the best Wendy's ever but it shut down. It wasn't very well sited for starters and then I think maybe the road construction finished it off.
  • Jerry's Will never get another nickel of my money.
  • Traffic: It's terribleness is terrible.
  • Roger Williams I have bought multiple cars there and would do so again.
  • Roger Williams Body Shop Never another nickel...
  • Sunshine Lake Needs lots of work- lots of help, but I love it and have walked all the way around it multiple times. It's a great place to explore.
  • Wal Mart. Oddly, multiple people have told me they love ours and stop when they pass through. I don't really get that- a Wal Mart is a Wal Mart I'd think, but yes -at least two people have indicated they stop when they're anywhere near town.
  • Cops are always pretty great. I've literally never heard anybody offer anything but praise for them. At certain times and places they get a little speed trap-ish but as misguided as it is, I think they're trying to make that stretch of road safer. They hammer school zones and people passing school buses and that is A OK in my book.

4 comments:

RPM said...

I do miss me some Gibson's. Used to go to the ones in Bowie and Mineral Wells all the time. Didn't realize the one in Weatherford was still in biz.

el chupacabra said...

R- Hey bro. Yep, still going strong. The potential ban is a boon for them. They have always been good about keeping tactical style rifles in stock but now now they're selling them, the ammo and mags as well as run of the mill arms as fast as they put them out.

an Donalbane said...

RPM - I was familiar with a number of the Gibson's (Irving, Grand Prairie - where I once worked, Euless, Grapevine, Gainesville, Sherman or Denison, Vernon). Where were the Bowie and MW stores?

RPM said...

Don- The Bowie store was on the North end of town. Walmart built their original Bowie store right next door to it and undercut Gibson's prices on everything just to close them down. It took less than a year.

The one in MW was at 180 & 1821 near Ft. Wolters. There was also one in Denton near UNT that's now Sack-n-Save. Still has the old Gibson's sign.