Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday's Missives

The fire escape slide at the old Baptist College/Wise County Historical Museum in Decatur Texas where I grew up. I wish I had a dollar...







  • Think I'll buy a toaster soon. I've never owned one in my whole life so I guess it's time.




  • After a horrendous 13 day stretch at work I recently passed smooth out in my car after I parked at home. I adjusted the volume on the radio to listen to something after I shut the car off and then- I was out. It was probably only a few minutes, but it happened.




  • When I woke up I realized I really didn't remember the drive home.




  • Scary.




  • It rained like crazy last night and then by the time we left to start our day the world was dry, bright and shiny without being too hot. Actually there was even an odd chill here and there in the breeze. I like that.




  • Recently the subject of an old friend came up between me and my buddy. I know the best of humans can be irrational, but that guy came from nothing and built a great life- he had it all and threw it all away. I mean in a spectacular burn every bridge, ruin his life, ruin everyone's lives around him, lose everything he had kind of way. He then basically set fire to the ruins of everything he left and salted the earth so that nothing will grow there ever again. The last I heard he was living in a dump of a motel in Fort Worth. He stole from me. He stole from everyone we knew.




  • And it breaks my heart everytime I think of him.

2 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

It seems I have someone close to me that is taking that very same path. Only God knows.

el chupacabra said...

ATC- Hey. The first things that cross my mind: Sometimes we have to these people in Gods hands. If he walked up to the door right this minute asking for money I'd take him out to eat since I couldn't stand the thought of him being hungry. I'd pay his light bill etc., but I wouldn't let him in my house. And finally- again, having to even THINK about all this breaks my heart.
PS I should break his teeth out when I see him. Again- that breaks my heart.