Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday's Dispatch













  • Against my better judgement I've let a few Iraqi refugees I've met know I was in Iraq. I don't think I'll do it again. There's a vague sense in the back of my mind it will come back to haunt me. The world is just too small- Aha! You're the one who kidnapped my brother in the middle of the night and took him to jail. He died there you infidel! Or, I remember you- you zip tied me and sat me by the highway where my neigbors and family could see my shame!


  • The cool weather is great. When I walk out in the morning I smell the neighbor's fireplace burning.


  • There has to be a better way to word that- fireplace burning?


  • I know it got the point across, but it also seems nonsensical.


  • Something I heard a long time ago that I cannot explain why it's true, but I do believe it is: Never tell someone they look tired. If you sense something is bothering them and wearing them down and you want to help, say something to the effect of, You don't seem yourself- are you OK? etc.


  • The other day I saw a clip of a NASCAR driver getting mad at another and intentionally wrecking him out. They were going as I recall 130 MPH- couldn't he have killed the other guy over what was essentially a hissy fit?


  • Strangelove

1 comment:

RPM said...

"...couldn't he have killed the other guy over what was essentially a hissy fit?"

You're starting to understand racing. :)