Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rodeo Report












  • Went to the 67th annual Frontier Days Rodeo in Parker County night before last.






  • Bull riders continue to be insane and clowns funny.






  • Can chasers (barrel racers) continue to be annoying, but their time to shine was mercifully well managed so they did their thing and were back to their eleventy billion dollar trailers before my eyes rolled out of my head or I got dain bramage from face palming.






  • The sound system was very good and music great.






  • Due to my contacts in the rodeo underworld I only had to look over one persons head and when a bull would put on a good spin dirt would fly past us and spatter on the signs in front of us.






  • That means we had good seats.






  • I didn't stay for the band, I did not know a single competitor and multiple successful old friends were sponsors: three reminders you're getting old.



No comments: