Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday's Summary














  • A video about the national debt. How I know we'll probably never do anything about it? We are still talking about it.

  • For such a smart nation we can be incredibly dumb.

  • There is also something wrong with our political system I'm afraid.

  • My eldest son dislocated his shoulder yesterday- very painful, but he's OK.

  • My baby son is in my bed asleep and I'm drinking coffee.

  • So far so good.

  • Want to watch a shocking documentary (it was considered the first shockumentary) about the end of colonialism in Africa? Find Africa Addio online. I'd link to it on Google Video, but it will only be up until April 29.

  • I can't get the Supertramp song Give A Little Bit out of my mind.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

At age 18 or 19 I dislocated my shoulder for the first time - playing racquetball. Over the next 6-7 years, nearly a dozen more times: Throwing a frisbee, dancing, reaching for the dome light in the car on the way to college graduation.

After having it reduced in the ER four or five times, I learned how to self-reduce it - bending over at the waist and letting the arm hang limp (with just a little rocking motion), and it would go back in in about 30 seconds. (I was never particularly good about immobilizing the limb for 3 weeks).

Curiously, I don't think it's come out in the last 15 years or so, despite never having had surgery for it.

Kathleen... said...

Love the sweet little bits about the Lil' Boy. =)

And, um, thanks a lot for noting the song.....now it's stuck in my head!