Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

Showed up with search for Black Creek Lake. Sure it's not, but a pretty cool pic.


This is Black Creek Lake- the bridge is gone. It's probably my fault.


  • Zac and I went to Black Creek Lake and hiked around a big part of it. That place is still spooky- I rarely go there unarmed.


  • The dam is in sorry shape.


  • I noticed they tore the bridge across the creek down- wonder why?


  • I see woodpeckers (up to 3 different species) every time I'm there.


  • We laid under one of the pine trees on the far side and rested on 6 or 8 inches of needles lying on the ground.
  • One careless campfire or vandal arsonist and that place will go up like crazy. I mean brush and tree branches can't even fall the ground after it dies- it dries out in a big tangle just waiting for that campfire, vandal or lightning for that matter.


  • It's rare for me to have a headache, but I do, it's bad and it stinks.


  • There were 30-40 ducks in the spillway basin.


  • We saw a red tailed hawk carrying a squirrel. Zac asked,"Is the hawk going to take the squirrel home and play hide and seek with him?"

3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

OK, I'll ask - what'd you do with the bridge at Black Creek Lake?
(Note to self: Research Black Creek Lake)

My dog once dragged a squirrel carcass in the house (must've found it dead in the yard - she's not skilled enough to catch one) and was about to take it under the kitchen table.

Yeah, I put the brakes on that...

Opus #6 said...

Headaches blow!

Glad to hear you and Zac were out and about.

el chupacabra said...

D- if you learn anything let me know- I struck out. I'd be very curious to know when it was built and how etc.

Op- No doubt it stinks. I'm better today. We had a great time- thanks